Someone bought me a train ticket to my
destination, along with one to return back. Before I boarded the train, that
person told me four things -
1. I will have to return back one day
2. The
destination will only be as happy a place as I want it to be
3. I had to watch out
for the train for the return journey
4. When the time comes for me to travel
back, I should leave behind the people who do not want me to leave
I boarded the train and reached my destination. I
visited all the places I could, did all things that I liked, faced all the music I could and danced to all the tunes. I even bought things,
houses and everything else I could in the time I was there in my destination. I met other people like me who held return tickets as well.
For some, their trains came back earlier
than they wanted it to. Some had to wait endlessly in the station for their trains. Some people, in their desperation to catch the train, fell on the tracks only to be run
over by another train. I did not know how and when I would catch my train. So I did not know
when I had to pack my baggage to go back to the station and wait for my train.
But thinking about it I laugh now. Everybody has to catch that train. In the time they wait for it, they end up buying stuff that they
cannot carry back with them. They end up believing that they will stay in
the destination forever. They want to throw away the return ticket and forget all about it.
But that
ticket is engraved into one's body and soul and is a ticker. One soon realizes that the only baggage that one will ever have to carry is the emotional baggage, either contentment about a life well-lived or regret for the missed moments of happiness and opportunity.
If one remembers the four things
that the person said, one will be prepared for the journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment