How to walk like you want to exercise?
Most people think they are
actually walking for exercise while they actually stroll like they are in a
park. Only a brisk walking really helps in activating many of the organs such
as the pancreas which actually helps with the secretion of insulin and
activates the production of various enzymes in the body. When you are walking
and you don't have a partner and you are not listening to music, then how do
you motivate yourself to walk effectively? This is what I do.. When walking, I
identify a person walking in front of me, say about 20-30 feet away. I then
identify a landmark (say a lamppost) ahead of that person, say at a distance of
50-60 feet away. Then I pick up my speed to try and cross that person before
he/she reaches that landmark. This gives me a sense of competition and
accomplishment, all the while working my leg and cardiac muscles, while
improving my blood circulation. This gives you a feel good factor as well. Try
it out the next time you really want to walk fast. Tip: To add to the
motivation, you can also associate the landmark with something important to
you, maybe some problem in life you want to overcome. So when you actually
cross the landmark before the person does, you actually feel psychologically
stronger to conquer that landmark.
No comments:
Post a Comment